Thursday, November 12, 2009

Eureka!


I don’t know if I can count how many times that I’ve been to Ramos House Café and have seen this Bloody Mary delivered to some other diners’ table.  It seems to always get the “oohs” and “aahs” when it goes by.

Now it’s very rare for me to have alcohol of any kind…so you know I’m not a big drinker. It’s the whole presentation of this drink that I think is so cool. They make their own pickled green beans and have those along with an herb salad and a crab claw stuffed in the top of the glass.

I’m usually content with either the typical iced tea with lunch or the yummy latte with breakfast, or on those “I really need some sugar” days, their amazing mocha topped with a torched homemade marshmallow, I haven’t had the Bloody Mary. But this particular day when having a sit down with a friend, I reached into my coat pocket and found some cash I had unknowingly put in there who knows when. I was so excited; I think I may have clapped my hands (to the shock of my lunch date). I determined because of this fortuitous find it was the day to order that Bloody Mary for myself. No more living vicariously through those other diners.
Thankfully because I’m so obsessed with taking pictures of my food (also, probably to the chagrin of my lunch date) I had my camera with me to capture it in all it’s glory.

So, here it is kids that amazing looking Ramos House Bloody Mary.

Cheers!
Shannon

Bloody Mary
From the Ramos House Café
1 liter Clamato
Vodka or Soju
1 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
2 Tbsp. wild hot sauce
1 Tbsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. Worchester sauce
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon, blanced
1 clove garlic
¼ cup pitted green olives, chopped
Salt to taste

Except for the vodka, place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree. Fill a glass with ice and add desired amount of vodka. Fill remainder of glass with Bloody Mary mix.

Garnish with: Pickled green beans, Crab claw, Herb salad, Diced bell peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment